Thursday, March 5, 2009

Criminal #32 Yoplait "Can I get some chocolate covered sexism with that?"

When? When, when, when, when will the sexism end? That's my new song. It's pretty catchy. It even sort of rhymes, which is amazing because I'm a woman and logically I shouldn't be able to get my mind off of either chocolate, shopping, or shopping for chocolates (in chocolate shoes apparently.)

Now, I love yogurt. I'm a huge yogurt person. It's tangy, and sweet, and smooth and so very delicious.

Yoplait makes yogurt un-delicious. Yoplait makes me want to take my chocolate handgun and go postal. There will be milk duds flying everywhere, strawberry carnage, blueberries massacred on the sidewalk.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a spa treatment would be awesome, and eating yogurt during said spa treatment would probably be... well, like eating yogurt during a spa treatment. Buy why, out of every possible activity imaginable, did Yoplait choose to show those two women in a spa? Ignoring for the fact that they couldn't get their heads off of the chocolatey goodness topic, why couldn't they have been discussing it while skydiving? Or rescuing hostages from a 1904 day old standoff in Israel? Or maybe, I don't know, in an office, doing a job like normal people? Or, and here's something that will absolutely blow. your. mind.

Why couldn't MEN have been enjoying that yogurt? I'll tell you why. Because society has made yogurt a health-conscious thing, and as we all know, women are far, far more health conscious than men, at least according to the advertising we see. Yes, there is absolutely no way yogurt would be considered a manly snack (Yoplait now in malt liquor flavor?) So of course, they had to bring in the women to enjoy the yogurt... while at the spa... discussing shoes...and chocolate... and something about marrying a masseuse, I don't know I was tuning it out by the end there.

0 comments: